GeoBlue expatriate health plans provide routine, urgent and emergent coverage internationally. All plans include medical evacuation and repatriation benefits. Medical Benefits are covered at 100% basis for treatment outside the United States, unless indicated otherwise on the benefit schedule.
The following medical scenarios illustrate how GeoBlue expatriate works overseas versus a traditional U.S. domestic health insurance plan.
Scenerio: Medical Emergency
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Condition: Perforated Ulcer
Care: Evacuation to & surgery at Bumrungrad Hospital, Bangkok
Summary of Care Delivered
- Clinical services in Ho Chi Minh: $1,800
- Emergency Air Ambulance Evacuation to Bangkok: $45,000
- Hospitalization, surgery & post-operative care: $28,500
- Patient transport back to Vietnam with escort: $5,500
Total Incurred Charges: $80,800
- Member out-of-pocket (GeoBlue Xplorer 5000 plan) : $2,500
- Member out-of-pocket expense with U.S. domestic SILVER ACA Compliant plan: $56,850**
** U.S. domestic health plans pay emergency benefits outside the United States, subject to Silver deductible and 30% coinsurance for clinical services, hospitalization, surgery and post-operative care ($6,350 Out-of-pocket). Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation are generally not covered benefits ($50,500)
The plan referenced in the above claim scenario is the GeoBlue Xplorer Premier plan with the U.S. $5,000 deductible option. Because this occurred overseas the deductible is half $2,500. The GeoBlue Xplorer Premier covers the U.S. Expat globally including cover within the United States. Key benefits include Unlimited Annual and Lifetime Maximums, Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Remains, Pays Providers Directly, Covers Injuries or Illness that result from Terrorist Event and more.
- U.S. Citizen living abroad or all legal residents
- Enroll prior to age 74, renewable to age 84
- Any employee of a U.S. Company
- Eligible Dependents
- Complete Medical Underwriting (Application)
If you are planning a trip overseas or a move and you have questions please call us (619) 435-6700 or send your questions to “firstname.lastname@example.org“. If you would like – visit our website for more information. We are here to help!